• Should have exposure in merchandise planning and brand management
• Interpret fashion dynamics, understand company brand strategy, passionate for fashion and customers
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong Organization, Planning and Analytical skills
• Strong Leadership skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Adaptability / Flexibility
• University degree in a related field (Advertising, Marketing, Fashion Design…)
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a fashion retail company
• Fluent in French and English
• Computer skills are a must
• Stay up-to-date on new trends, new hits and up-coming brands by continuously reading fashion magazines, surfing sites and monitoring international markets
• Travel on buying trips to attend showrooms, meet with suppliers and assist in placing orders; follow up on orders, payments, respect of budget assigned, negotiate terms of contract etc…
• Prepare buying budgets depending on past seasons sales
• Perform the buying depending on budgets and consumer demand
• Keep suppliers up to date with their brand’s performance and sellout
• Analyze consumer buying patterns and predict future trends
Brands research and performance:
• Have in depth knowledge of the product line, price ranges and specifications relating to the product.
• Improve gross margins.
• Improve stock turns for respective brands.
• Suppliers and forwarders negotiation and follow up
• Coordinate the dispatches of the brands between all the locations
• Visits stores regularly and understand key issues with brands.
• Meet few customers to gain first hand understanding of brand performance, gaps in assortment and merchandise, customer services.
• Participate in setting sales targets for specific brands.
• Undertake stock transfers across locations based on sales trends and inputs from sales reports.
• Maintaining awareness of market trends in the retail industry,
• Coordinate with marketing manager for execution of marketing and promotional activities.
• Analyzing sales figures and forecasting future sales volumes to maximize profit.
• Provide visual merchandising standards as per brands requirements.
• Ensure that visual standards are communicated and implemented across stores directly or through visual merchandiser.
• Provide regular training to front liners, latest fashion trends and must have garments, brands knowledge, selling technique, etc.
• Coordinate with the Fashion Consultant to create unique brand awareness
• Launch Loyalty Card with Marketing Department and provide feedback
Follow up Personal Shopping Service
• Manage the Personal shopping department concept and recommend development proposals